Autistic children often do well with routine, structure and predictability. But family life can sometimes involve changes in routine and unexpected events. In this episode of Raising Learners, I CAN Network’s Chris Varney talks with Professor Julie Green, Executive Director of raisingchildren.net.au, about how parents can help their autistic children handle change. They also discuss how autistic children’s interests and strengths can be a great basis for connecting with others.
Find out more on raisingchildren.net.au
- Changing routines: children and teenagers with autism spectrum disorder
- Family life with autistic children
- Friends and peers: children and teenagers with autism spectrum disorder
- Healthy school relationships: children and teenagers with autism spectrum disorder
- Thinking and learning strengths in children with autism spectrum disorder
Find out more