Serves 2 adults (1 pizza each) and 2 children (½ pizza each)
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 3 wholemeal 20 cm pita breads
- ¼ cup tomato paste (no added salt is best)
- ½ cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup diced fresh or tinned pineapple
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 handful fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Place bread onto oven trays and spread with tomato paste. Arrange all other ingredients over the bread. Top with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Top with fresh basil. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Use any toppings you like to make this recipe.
- Use any types of flatbreads, or try wholemeal English muffins cut in half. Just make sure the base is thick enough to support your toppings.
- If your family loves this easy pizza, increase the recipe amounts the next time you make it. This way, you can have leftovers for lunch the next day.