Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- ¼ cup (40 gm) plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1½ cups (135 gm) breadcrumbs, lightly crushed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 4 corn cobs, halved
- 2 cups peas
- 2 cups broccoli
- Tomato sauce to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (220°C fan forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Toss the chicken strips in flour and dust off excess. In a medium bowl, mix the egg with the chicken until coated. Pour in breadcrumbs and toss until chicken is coated. Place on one of the prepared baking trays, cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place potato wedges into a medium bowl and season. Toss with egg white until coated. Place onto the remaining baking tray. Cook for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 190°C (170°C fan forced). Put chicken fingers into oven and cook for 10-12 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Boil, steam or microwave broccoli, peas and corn cobs. Serve with crunchy chicken fingers and wedges.
- To make crunchy fish fingers, use 250 gm of boneless, firm white fish cut into strips. Fish fingers can be oven baked (low-fat version) or lightly pan fried.
- Reduce the cooking time by cutting the potato wedges into smaller pieces.