Serves 4 (1 burger each)
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
500 gm lean chicken mince
1 cup canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed and chopped
2 zucchinis, grated
4 spring onions, chopped
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
½ teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
4 small wholemeal bread rolls, split
4 slices cheese
4 butter lettuce leaves, washed and dried
4 slices beetroot
2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chicken mince, chickpeas, zucchini, egg and spring onions, and season with black pepper. Divide mixture into 4 patties. Put onto a plate, cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the sweet potato into a bowl and toss with oil and paprika. Tip onto prepared baking tray, spread out and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Heat a barbecue grill or frying pan over medium-high heat, and cook patties for 4 minutes each side.
- To assemble burgers, place cheese, lettuce, beetroot and tomato onto one half of a roll. Top with a chicken patty and other half of the roll. Serve with sweet potato wedges.
Tip: double the recipe to make extra patties, and freeze them for dinner another night!