Makes 6-8 ice blocks
Preparation time: 10 mins, plus freezing time
1 punnet strawberries, washed with stems removed
1 cup (250 ml) water
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 cups (500 ml) natural yoghurt
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the strawberries with the water and lemon juice.
- Pour the strawberry puree into the yoghurt and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into 6-8 ice block moulds, and gently place ice block sticks into the middle of the moulds.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 3 hours before eating.
- To remove ice blocks from moulds, quickly run the mould under warm water. The ice blocks will slide out.
- For a variation, use your child’s favourite fruits. For example, you could use peaches and yoghurt or banana and mango.