This webinar was held on 23 May 2023
You can view the recording of this webinar below.
These resources provide additional information on this topic:
- raisingchildren.net.au – Baby’s first three months webinar: common questions, answers you can trust
- raisingchidlren.net.au – Support for parents: why it’s important and where to get it
- raisingchidlren.net.au – Labour and birth: what to expect
- raisingchidlren.net.au – Babies: safe equipment & furniture
- GP, midwife or obstetrician
- Child and family health nurse
- Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Australia (PANDA), 1300 726 306
- Royal Women's Hospital
- Health Direct, 1800 022 222
- Health Direct – Pregnancy, Birth and Baby, 1800 882 432
- Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA), 1800 686 268
- Miracle Babies Foundation, 1300 622 243 (premature and sick babies)
Preparing for birth and parenthood: why it’s important
As your due date gets nearer, it’s natural to think about birth and early parenthood.
Knowing what to expect from labour and birth can help you feel calm and relaxed on the day. And some preparation at home can help you feel emotionally and practically ready for your new baby. Preparation and planning can also help you manage the times when things might be different from what you expected.
The third trimester is a good time to start your preparation for birth and early parenthood, and we’re here to help.
In this webinar, we’ll talk about:
- finding out what to expect
- planning for the birth
- preparing emotionally and practically for a new baby
- planning life with your baby
- expecting the unexpected from birth and parenthood.
In the webinar, you’ll be able to ask questions, share experiences, and hear other parents’ experiences and ideas.
If you’re in your final trimester of pregnancy, this webinar is suitable for you. It’s also suitable for expectant parents who are thinking about later pregnancy and early parenthood.
If you register for the webinar, we’ll send you a link to the recording, even if you can’t make it on the night.
Presented by: Yasna Meldrum
Yasna has worked in maternal and child health for 24 years. She’s a midwife and lactation consultant and has spent 13 years on the Victorian Maternal and Child Health Helpline. She also has a master’s degree in counselling and psychotherapy. Yasna has over 15 years’ experience as a childbirth educator.
When: Tuesday 23 May 2023, 7 pm AEST or at these times in other states
Duration: 40 minutes, followed by a 20-minute question and answer session
Registrations for this webinar course have now closed. Interested in attending our other parenting webinars? Subscribe to receive alerts for upcoming online events.
I’ve signed up: what happens next?
A few minutes after you sign up, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link that gives you access to the webinar. You’ll be able to access the webinar 30 minutes before the start time. We’ll also send you a reminder email the day before the webinar.
We’ll send you a link to the recording a few days after the webinar.
About this webinar
This webinar offers free, live advice from a trusted parenting expert. It offers support without the need for appointments or fees and is delivered in real time to the comfort of your home. It’s also a chance to hear from other parents facing challenges like yours.
Please note that this webinar provides general information. Presenter Yasna Meldrum won’t be able to provide individual consultations on the night, but she will give you plenty of ideas for where to go for help if you need it.
This webinar was developed by the Parenting Research Centre in collaboration with Australian experts, brought to you by raisingchildren.net.au, and funded by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services.
Receive webinar alerts
Interested in attending our other parenting webinars? Subscribe to receive alerts for upcoming online events.