This webinar was held on 28 April 2020
You can view the recording of this webinar below.
Parenting pre-teens positively: webinar
As children change when they enter the teenage years, knowing what to expect can help you handle these changes with positivity. If you have a child aged 9-12 years and you’d like some skills and strategies for negotiating the transition into the teenage years, this webinar might be for you.
This webinar looks at:
- the changes your child is going through - and how your parenting might need to change
- effective communication with your child
- limits and boundaries for your child
- your child's journey to independence
- the importance and experience of the transition from primary to secondary school.
The webinar can help you with questions like:
- When should my child have a smartphone?
- How can I help my child manage social media safely?
In the webinar, you’ll be able to ask questions, share experiences, and hear other parents’ experiences and ideas.
Elly Robinson is a Senior Specialist at the Parenting Research Centre and co-author of three books on parenting adolescents. She has worked extensively in adolescent health, mental health and welfare. Elly’s 17-year-old daughter has taught her that being an adolescent health expert doesn’t mean you get it right all the time! Elly’s most recent book is Surviving Adolescents 2.0.
Receive webinar alerts
Interested in attending our other parenting webinars? Subscribe to receive alerts for upcoming online events.