This webinar was held on Tuesday, 15 August 2023
If you have any feedback about this webinar, please fill out this short survey.
These resources provide additional information on this topic:
- raisingchildren.net.au – Healthy video gaming for children and teenagers
- raisingchildren.net.au – Video games, online games and apps: children and teenagers
- raisingchildren.net.au – Screen time, digital technology use and your family: a healthy approach
- raisingchildren.net.au – Managing screen time and digital technology use: strategies for teenagers
- raisingchildren.net.au – Digital citizenship: teens being responsible online
- Project Synthesis – Gamer’s guide
- Alannah and Madeline Foundation – By gamers, for gamers video
- Family Video Game Database
- eSafety Commissioner – Gaming
Parenting our gamers
For pre-teen and teenage children, gaming can be a social activity that encourages cooperation, group problem-solving and teamwork. It can also be a way for children to unwind or explore their creative sides.
But you’re not alone if you don’t really understand what’s going on when your child games or whether the games they’re playing are right for them.
In this webinar, we’ll explain:
- how to help your child get the most out of gaming
- how to reduce the risk of negative gaming behaviour
- what your child can teach you about gaming – and why it’s good to join in sometimes!
This webinar is suitable for families with children aged 11-16 years who want to learn more about their child’s gaming and how to make the most of it.
In the webinar, you’ll be able to ask questions, share experiences, and hear other parents’ experiences and ideas.
Presented by: Daniel Donahoo
Daniel Donahoo is Creative Producer and Director at Project Synthesis. He works with organisations, educators, parents and children to create safe, engaging digital experiences that help us understand and benefit from our modern, digital world. Daniel has been involved in the development of school resources, apps and games. He’s also the author of Idolising Children and Adproofing Your Kids.
When: Tuesday 15 August 2023, 7 pm AEST, or at these times in other states.
Duration: 40 minutes, followed by a 20-minute question and answer session
Registrations for this webinar have now closed. Interested in attending our other parenting webinars? Subscribe to receive alerts for upcoming online events.
I’ve signed up: what happens next?
A few minutes after you sign up, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link that gives you access to the webinar. You’ll be able to access the webinar 30 minutes before the start time. We’ll also send you a reminder email the day before the webinar.
We’ll send you a link to the recording a few days after the webinar.
About this webinar
This webinar offers free, live advice from a trusted parenting expert. It offers support without the need for appointments or fees and is delivered in real time to the comfort of your home. It’s also a chance to hear from other parents facing challenges like yours.
This webinar was developed by the Parenting Research Centre in collaboration with Australian experts, brought to you by raisingchildren.net.au, and funded by the Victorian Government.
Receive webinar alerts
Interested in attending our other parenting webinars? Subscribe to receive alerts for upcoming online events.