This webinar was held on Tuesday, 18 July 2023
These resources provide additional information on this topic:
- raisingchildren.net.au – Screen time, digital technology use and your family: a healthy approach
- raisingchildren.net.au – Using screen time and digital technology for learning: children and pre-teens
- raisingchildren.net.au – Sharing screen time and digital technology with children and pre-teens
- raisingchildren.net.au – Parents, screen time and digital technology use: role-modelling for children
- raisingchildren.net.au – Managing screen time and digital technology use: strategies for children 3-11 years
- Family Gaming Database
- Dolly’s Dream – Our Family Technology Plan
Digital technology and how it can work for your family
Technology is a part of everyday life for most families, so it’s important for you all to make the most of it. It’s also important for you all to use technology in safe, healthy and positive ways.
You can start by looking at how your family uses technology now. Then decide as a family on what’s going to work best for you all.
In this webinar, we’ll explain:
- how to work out whether technology is a problem for your family and what you might want to change
- how a strong relationship with your child can help you to guide them towards safe, healthy and independent technology use
- why playing, having fun, role-modelling and guiding are all important ways to shape your child’s relationship with technology
- how to create a family technology plan that focuses on family needs rather than family rules.
This webinar is suitable for families with children aged 5-11 years who are interested in a positive approach to technology in their homes.
In the webinar, you’ll be able to ask questions, share experiences, and hear other parents’ experiences and ideas.
Presented by: Daniel Donahoo
Daniel Donahoo is Creative Producer and Director at Project Synthesis. He works with organisations, educators, parents and children to create safe, engaging digital experiences that help us understand and benefit from our modern, digital world. Daniel has been involved in the development of school resources, apps and games. He’s also the author of Idolising Children and Adproofing Your Kids.
When: Tuesday 18 July 2023, 7 pm AEST, or at these times in other states.
Duration: 40 minutes, followed by a 20-minute question and answer session
Registrations for this webinar have now closed. Interested in attending our other parenting webinars? Subscribe to receive alerts for upcoming online events.
I’ve signed up: what happens next?
A few minutes after you sign up, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link that gives you access to the webinar. You’ll be able to access the webinar 30 minutes before the start time. We’ll also send you a reminder email the day before the webinar.
We’ll send you a link to the recording a few days after the webinar.
About this webinar
This webinar offers free, live advice from a trusted parenting expert. It offers support without the need for appointments or fees and is delivered in real time to the comfort of your home. It’s also a chance to hear from other parents facing challenges like yours.
This webinar was developed by the Parenting Research Centre in collaboration with Australian experts, brought to you by raisingchildren.net.au, and funded by the Victorian Government.
Receive webinar alerts
Interested in attending our other parenting webinars? Subscribe to receive alerts for upcoming online events.