Adolescence is a time of major development inside the teenage brain. And changes in the brain drive changes in teenage emotions, thinking and behaviour, including the desire for more independence. If you feel that you’re less important to your child now, it might help to know that your child needs your love and support to navigate changes in adolescence and grow a healthy brain. In this episode of Raising Learners, David Collins and Colette Davis join host Derek McCormack to explore these issues.
Find out more on raisingchildren.net.au
- Brain development: teenagers
- Social and emotional changes: 9-15 years
- Independence in teenagers: how to support it
- Staying connected: you and your teenage child
- Relationships with parents and families: why teenagers need them
Find out more