As the latest film about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles begins, a gang of villains called the Foot Clan, which is led by the evil Shredder (Tohoru Masamune) have overrun New York City, terrorising all who oppose them. Reporter April O’Neil (Megan Fox), who is out to make a name for herself as an action news reporter, is out and about tracking down leads on the Foot Clan’s latest spate of crimes.
Scientific experimentation and mutation; criminal gangs; family and friendship
- A black robed man kneels on the ground with his hands bound behind his back. Other men approach the bound man and one of them punches him in the face. The bound man breaks his bonds and attacks his attackers with brutal punches, kicks and head-butts until they are left lying on the ground.
- A band of black clad ninja-style villains wielding assault rifles hold a large number of civilians hostage in a subway station. The villains place explosives on the wall of the subway and threaten to shoot the hostages if their demands are not met. A woman is grabbed and thrown roughly to the ground and another woman has a gun pointed at her head. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appear out of nowhere and attack the villains who are thrown against the walls and ceilings. The scene cuts and we see all of the villains bound and lying on the ground.
- A flashback depicts a man setting fire to a laboratory - we see flames rising up and engulfing the room.
- A large group of villains wielding assault rifles attack the Turtles in the sewers. The villains fire tranquiliser darts at the Turtles, the Turtles are thrown through the air by explosions, and are repeatedly tasered. The Shredder brutally throws Splinter against the walls and the floor until he is lying unconscious on the ground.
- In another scene, the Shredder repeatedly kicks the Turtles, punches them in the head and grabs them by the throat, at one point stepping on the back of one of the Turtle’s shells until we hear what sounds like bones breaking.
- In one scene a breathing mask is held over a man’s face while poisonous gas is fed into the mask. The man writhes on the floor in agony and his face and arms become covered in angry red blistery sores; the man dies swiftly.
- In one scene the Turtles are suspended in large glass prison cells with plastic tubes attached to various parts of their bodies, draining their blood.
- The film contains some reckless and perilous car pursuits during which a car runs down a man head-on and trucks and cars chase the Turtles’ car firing harpoons. The villains crash their cars into each other and then topple over a mountainside out of control. The Turtles and two humans end up dangling from a cable before being pulled to safety.
- The film’s final epic battle between Shredder and the Turtles on top of a skyscraper involves an extended brutal fight with April nearly falling to her death. Several swords impale Shredder’s throat, neck and shoulder (no blood is depicted) and he falls from the building to the pavement below where the impact of his fall creates a large crater. The Turtles also fall from the top of the building while clinging to a tower, but survive the fall uninjured.
- In one scene the film’s lead female character is referred to as a “visual sexy seagull”.
- In relation to April O’Neil, one of the turtles makes the statement “She’s hot, I can feel my shell tightening.
- A reference is made to consenting adults not having to make excuses to be together.
- In one scene two of the Turtles hang from a billboard depicting a woman wearing a bra, with a turtle hanging from each of her breasts and laughing about it.
Alcohol, drugs and other substances
- Social drinking at a dinner table.
- Tranquiliser darts are fired from guns in one scene.
- In one scene the Turtles are injected with adrenalin and react as if on amphetamines.
Nudity and sexual activity
- A man ogles April O’Neil’s clothed buttocks; she is wearing tight fitting jeans.
- Women wear low-cut tops that reveal cleavage.
- Skype; YouTube
- Pizza Hut
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Ford vehicles
- Soft drinks
- Oh shi..; bad arse; getting our arses kicked; numb nuts; shut up.
- Idiot (used more than once); dumb, insane, crazy; freak; little girl; human dirt