When Ryder and the pups are invited to Barkingburg Castle for the Princess’s birthday, they’re excited to meet the Princess and give her a surprise gift. At the party, all eyes are on the precious Gem of Barkingburg, which has just been bequeathed to the Princess. The Duke of Flappington, who claims to be a distant cousin, arrives and soon shows his true character by conspiring with selfish pup Sweetie to steal the Gem for himself.
Trying to thwart the theft, Ryder and most of the pups find themselves prisoners in a remote storage chamber deep inside the Castle. Skye and two others avoid being captured but are locked outside and can’t contact Ryder. Meanwhile, the Duke is using the Gem to create a magic sceptre and make his own kingdom in the clouds.
It’s up to Skye, Ryder and the rest of the pups to save the Princess and all of Barkingburg before it’s too late.
Selfishness and greed; facing your fears; good versus evil
Paw Patrol: Jet to the Rescue has some violence. For example:
- Sweetie and Duke fight over the Gem.
- The pups fall through a trap door and into an old storage room. They land on mattresses.
- Sweetie tries to capture the pups in a cage, but it crashes down and misses them.
- Duke nearly drops a clock tower on the Castle.
- A mechanical bird catches two of the pups and holds them in its talons. The pups escape.
Alcohol, drugs and other substances
Nudity and sexual activity
There are no products displayed in Paw Patrol: Jet to the Rescue, butPaw Patrol merchandise is readily available and marketed to children.
Ideas to discuss with your children
Paw Patrol: Jet to the Rescue is an animated adventure aimed at preschoolers. The plot and dialogue are predictable and repetitive, but the movie’s target audience will enjoy the characters and their quest to help everyone they encounter.
The main messages from this movie are always to show kindness to others and believe in yourself.
Values in this movie that you could reinforce with your children include teamwork, helpfulness, compassion, forgiveness and positivity.
This movie could also give you the chance to talk with your children about the real-life consequences of:
- taking what doesn’t belong to you
- imprisoning others for your own gain
- being greedy
- not caring about others and putting others in danger.