The supernatural; Nazism
- During a pursuit, a teenage boy attempts to stab Young Indy, an angry rhinoceros nearly impales him on its horn, he is covered from head to foot in slithering snakes when he falls into a train cart full of snakes, and he is attacked by a lion. All of this is played for comedy.
- Indiana Jones fights with a group of men on a ship in a storm. The fight includes men punched in the face, a man washed overboard, men hit in the chest with a steel pipe, and the ship exploding in a giant ball of flames.
- While searching catacombs flooded with liquid petroleum, Indiana and Elsa are forced to hide under a stone coffin when enemies deliberately ignite the petrol, causing a fire storm.
- During a speed boat chase between Indiana and Grail fanatics, we see men wielding machine gun from their speedboat firing at Indiana’s speedboat. We see a speedboat crushed between two giant tankers the boat exploding in flames. We see a fist between Indy and another man aboard a drifting speedboat (including kicks and punches to the face). We see the boat drifting towards a giant spinning ship’s propeller the propeller cutting into the back of the drifting boat as the two men continued to fight. We hear Indiana threatening the man that he would let the propeller kill them both if the man did not reveal information; both men escape uninjured.
- In one conflict between Indiana and a group of Nazis, we see Indiana shoot and kill several Nazis with a machinegun, and we see a Nazi holding a gun to a woman’s head and threaten to shoot her if Indiana does not surrender. Indiana and his father are tied to a chair in a room engulfed in flames with the two men shuffling their chairs across the floor to avoid the flames; both men escape uninjured.
- In the longest battle scene of the film, there is a violent conflict between a small army of German soldiers wielding machineguns and rebels firing rifles. A number of rebel fighters are shot and killed (we see one dead rebel lying on the ground with his eyes open and blood on his face and we see a wounded man lying on the ground with some blood splattered across his clothing).
- There is an extended fistfight between Indiana and a number of German soldiers on top of a tank with one soldier trying to push Indiana’s face into the tank’s moving tracks. One German soldier is caught on the tank’s tracks and dragged under the tank to be crushed.
- Henry Jones fires one of the tanks weapons, the shell hitting a German truck full of soldiers. The truck explodes in flames and German soldiers are thrown through the air.
- A gun is fired inside the tank, the bullet ricocheting and hitting the driver in the forehead; we see a small amount of blood trickling down the driver’s head as he collapses. Indiana also repeatedly rams another soldier’s head into a tank hatch.
- A man deliberately shoots Henry in the stomach at close range. We see blood on the front of his shirt and see a small bloody bullet wound in his stomach. He winces in pain.
- After a woman forcibly kisses Indiana on the lips he tells her “I don’t like fast woman”.
- We hear a reference made to Indiana’s father having heard Elsa talking in her sleep, the scene inferring that both Indiana and his father have slept with Elsa.
Alcohol, drugs and other substances
- social drinking of whisky and champagne
Nudity and sexual activity
- Indiana forcefully kisses a woman on her lips. She kisses him back and the pair fall to the ground. Later we them lying on the ground and see Indiana kissing her again.
None of concern
- slime of humanity
- the hell
- oh god