War; death; supernatural themes
Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ has some violence. For example:
- Soldiers fight using either martial arts or supernatural powers. They sometimes use guns.
- Frieza kills some of his minions by throwing them out of the airlock on his spaceship.
- Two characters rob a bank using guns, and a policeman kicks the robbers in the stomach.
- Goku almost dies but is revived with a magic bean.
- Frieza blows up Earth in a big explosion.
- Most of the movie shows the large battle between Frieza’s soldiers and warriors on Earth. Mostly there’s no blood shown, but towards the end of the fight some of the characters have cuts and bruises
None of concern
Alcohol, drugs and other substances
None of concern
Nudity and sexual activity
Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ shows some partial nudity. For example:
- The female characters show cleavage and wear short skirts.
- Male characters sometimes have naked chests and are shown with very large muscles.
Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ is associated with the Dragon Ball Z franchise.
Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ has some coarse language.
Ideas to discuss with your children
Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ is an action-packed Japanese animated movie. It’s likely to excite fans of the Dragon Ball franchise and appeal to older children.
This movie glamourises violence. The characters use violence to solve problems, which suggests that violence is an acceptable ways to sort out conflict. Because of its violence, as well as its coarse language, scary scenes and scary characters, we don’t recommend Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ for children under 8 years. And we recommend parental guidance for children aged 8-10 years.
The main messages from this movie are that you can overcome your enemies by working together and that good will triumph over evil. Values in this movie that you could reinforce with your children include dedication and cooperation.
This movie could also give you the chance to talk with your children about the importance of forgiving others and seeking non-violent solutions to conflict.