Disney Jr at the Movies: Mickey and the Roadster Racers is a collection of episodes rather than a feature movie.
The episodes take place in different locations. They feature Mickey Mouse (voiced by Bret Iwan) and his friends Donald (voiced by Daniel Ross), Daisy (voiced by Tress MacNeille), Minnie (voiced by Russi Taylor) and Goofy (voiced by Bill Farmer), who all help each other overcome various challenges. In the first episode, Pete (voiced by Jim Cummings) tries to take a special tyre. The friends must also deal with Pietro, Pete’s Italian counterpart, as he tries to sabotage them and stop them from winning the Rigatoni Ribbon with their fabulous, transforming race cars.
In other episodes Minnie and Daisy are ‘Happy Helpers’ trying to help various members of the community by pet-sitting. They also help a new Italian friend by looking after his tour business for him while he recovers from a cold. In the middle of these episodes there’s a story from the book of Once Upon a Time. The story is about a good dinosaur that gets lost, makes a friend and must find his way back home.
Nothing of concern
Disney Jr at the Movies: Mickey and the Roadster Racers has some violence. For example:
- A bucket is tossed onto Daisy’s head as she’s driving and she crashes into a flowerbed. Despite the car being half way buried in the ground, both Daisy and her car are unharmed.
- Donald loses control and crashes his race car. The crash isn’t shown, but we hear the impact and then see Donald and his car in a fountain.
- Pete ricochets Mickey’s car into a tree while trying to take a tyre from him.
- Daisy and Minnie ricochet out of a tree while trying to rescue a kitten. They go into the clouds and then crash down into the park, upsetting Goofy’s pie. They’re both unharmed.
- Pietro launches pizzas out of his car during a race, and one hits Goofy in the face.
- Pietro squirts olive oil all over the racetrack as he passes so that the other racers lose control of their cars.
- A gigantic meatball chases the racers around the Colosseum and towards the finish line before blasting apart on impact and creating a brief shower of meatballs.
No sexual references
Alcohol, drugs and other substances
No use of substances
Nudity and sexual activity
No nudity and sexual activity
No products are displayed in Disney Jr at the Movies: Mickey and the Roadster Racers, but there’s a lot of promotion of the Disney Channel. For example, there are excerpts from other shows, music and mini-feature movies repeatedly advertised in between episodes.
There is one very mild insult used on this movie.
Ideas to discuss with your children
Disney Jr at the Movies: Mickey and the Roadster Racers is a compilation of episodes featuring Mickey and his friends with their transforming race cars. They help each other overcome obstacles both on and off the racetrack.
The main messages from this movie are that good friends are very valuable and that if you work together and treat others kindly, things will work out in the end.
Values in this movie that you could reinforce with your children include forgiveness, understanding, persistence and helpfulness.
This movie could also give you the chance to talk with your children about the importance of road safety. For example, you could talk about how road accidents and car crashes can have destructive consequences, although these aren’t shown in the movie.