Where to get reliable information about COVID-19
It’s best to get your information about COVID-19 from up-to-date, accurate and reliable sources.
You can call:
- the Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080
- Healthdirect on 1800 022 222.
You can also go to Healthdirect’s Coronavirus hub.
Australian Government: COVID-19 information
For Australia-wide resources and information about COVID-19, go to Australian Government Department of Health – Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert.
You can also download the Australian Government’s Coronavirus Australia app.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme website has the latest updates on NDIS coronavirus (COVID-19) information and support for participants and providers.
Up-to-date traveller advice is available at Smart Traveller – COVID-19 information for Australian travellers.
State and territory health departments: COVID-19 health advice
For information and advice about COVID-19 in your state or territory, go to your state or territory health department:
- ACT Health – COVID-19
- NSW Health – COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- NT Government Department of Health – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Queensland Health – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- SA Health – COVID-19 health information
- Tasmanian Government Department of Health – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Western Australian Government Department of Health – COVID-19 (coronavirus)
It’s natural to worry about what COVID-19 might mean for your family. If you’re worried and need support, you could talk to your GP or a local counsellor. You can also call Lifeline on 131 114 or Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636. Children aged over five years can call Kids Helpline.