Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is your state autism association. It can provide contact details for autism advisors and information about help and support in New South Wales. Contact:

Building 1, Level 2
14 Aquatic Drive
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086

Phone: 1800 069 978

Finding out more about autism

Early Days workshops
For more information about ASD and how to support your child’s early development, you could take part in an Early Days online workshop. Your state or territory autism association can also let you know about attending an Early Days face-to-face workshop in your area.

MyTime groups provide local support for carers of children under school age with a disability or chronic medical condition.

PlayConnect playgroups are part of the Australian Government's Helping Children with Autism package. PlayConnect is open to families with a child aged 0-6 who has ASD or ASD-like behaviours. Your child does not need a formal ASD diagnosis to join.

Your relationship with your partner

Relationships Australia is a national organisation that provides relationship support services such as counselling, dispute resolution and relationship skills seminars. 

Your other children

Siblings Australia is a national organisation that offers a range of services for siblings of children with special needs. These services include workshops, print and web resources, and networking opportunities for families across Australia.

Support for you

The Commonwealth Carelink Centre Program provides information for carers. The Carelink Services Directory will help you find Carelink Centres and related services in your area. Alternatively, phone 1800 052 222 to talk to your nearest Commonwealth Carelink Centre.

National Carer Counselling Program
The National Carer Counselling Program (NCCP) is delivered by the carers association in each state and territory, and is managed by Carers Australia. Further information is available from your state or territory carers association on 1800 242 636.

Stress, anxiety and depression: GP support
Use My Neighbourhood to locate GPs in your local area.

ASD family support groups and forums
Contact your state autism association and local autism advisor for details of support groups in your area.

Online support groups and forums can also be a convenient way to meet others and share ideas and support. Visit:

  • the Raising Children forum for parents of children with ASD.

Disability support organisations
The NSW Department of Ageing, Disability and Homecare provides a range of supports and services for children with a disability and their families. Phone (02) 8270 2000.

Carers NSW can provide information and respite. Phone 1800 242 636.

Family and Community Services
The Home and Community Care Program (HACC) provides community care services to people with disabilities and their carers. Your local GP or municipal council might be able to help with information about this and other programs in your area.


Parentline is a 24-hour, confidential telephone counselling service that provides professional counselling and support for parents and carers: 13 20 55.

Lifeline  provides 24-hour telephone counselling: 131 114.

  • Last updated or reviewed 18-01-2013