Print Email

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

New dsm Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 6/06/2014 8:33:14 AM
Just looking at the new dsm. I think its coming into use in december. My son currently has a pddnos diagnosis from our paed. Psych said in her report he couldnt be aspergers due to langauge delay and she diagnosed hfa initially. When we went to get our report we disvovered he displayed a sensory behaviour in assessment - she then made a cover note changing her impression to pddnos when she found out it was an isolated incident in the testing situation. So my son doesnt have stereotypy, restricted interests etc. so it looks like he wont meet new criteria for asd. I dont know whether to get him reassessed next year - He has a mild expressive language delay and hyperlexia with age appropriate comprehension. Will anyone else be in this boat of moving off the spectrum so to speak? I am not sure what to do.
Post #67522
Posted 7/05/2012 9:19:33 PM

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 2/11/2012 5:14:55 PM
That depends, if he is getting fahcsia funding, then I wouldn't because you may lose the funding...

Michelle

Mum to DS 5yo Aspie and DD 14 months
Post #67529
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 4:22am

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.