Print Email

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

Dr Chadwick (WA) any feedback Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 25/04/2012 8:55:55 PM
My DD (4 yo) has an assessment scheduled with her in July, does anyone have any feedback or experiences? Many thanks.
Post #67398
Posted 25/04/2012 8:56:35 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 25/04/2012 8:55:55 PM
Anyone?
Post #67429
Posted 29/04/2012 1:17:30 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 27/06/2012 11:49:47 PM
Hi There,

We went to see Dr Chadwick about 18 months ago.  Tom was 2.5yo when we saw her. Personally I didn't like her. Don't think Tom did either.  But if you are going to see her for a diagnosis it really doesn't matter.  I just gritted my teeth to get the ASD diagnosis done.

If I had to see her for any other medical reason, I wouldn't go to her.  I had others tell me she was really good and understanding.  But i didn't see that side. 

For someone who deals with children, she had terrible communication with him.  She never tried to engage with him.  The whole time we saw her over a couple of appointments she didn't get off her chair once.  I was stuck on the floor with him trying to get him to do activities etc.  I was also 7 months pregnant at the time so that didn't help either.

Maybe she has changed and you will have a better time than us.

Hope that helps.

Post #67472
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 4:17pm

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.