Print Email

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

Newborn Sleep During the Day Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 10/04/2012 1:57:34 PM
Hi,
I have a four week old bub who hates going down in his crib during the day. As soon you start the swaddling process he starts to cry and then once he is calm, he goes wild when you try and put him in the crib so he is really worked up by the time I even get to start the patting techniques. Has anyone else had this problem or ideas on what to do?
Post #67222
Posted 20/04/2012 5:09:27 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 12/12/2012 9:43:24 PM
You could take bubby to a bowen therapist...we had the same problem with our baby and tried everything to settle her during the day but she would only sleep with me holding her for 20 minutes - very exhausting! Turns out she had a sore neck and a headache after a long labour. She had a quick session (in and out in 10 mins) and has been so chilled ever since.
Post #67351
Posted 28/04/2012 10:16:48 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 18/05/2012 7:19:40 PM
My 11 wk old bub was exactly the same until he was about 8 weeks old. A dummy really helped once he stopped spitting it out, it really calms him down when he's getting worked up about bed. I also found swaddling him, then cuddling him until he was calm again and then laying him in his bassinet on his side worked. Once he's asleep you can roll him on his back.
Post #67469
Posted 9/06/2012 8:45:32 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 9/06/2012 9:15:31 PM
I had this problem. What i ended up doing was during the day time sleeps moving the bassinet out of the room he normally slept in, to the lounge room where we all were. Before he was to tied i would put him in the bassinet and let him play and look at the mobile. He felt safe after awhile and got used to sleeping in it and learned to put himself to sleep.

I know Its hard letting them go to sleep on there own because you love them sleeping on you but in the long run it will be harder for them to put themselves to sleep and harder for you because they will get used to you putting them to sleep.

With my third child i had a similar issue as well and i found that the bouncer was wonderful for day time sleeps with him.

My first child was a little clingy to and what i ended up doing was adding one of my jumpers with my perfume or a shirt that i was wearing and placed that next to her and it worked she would sleep so much better in the bassinet.

I think in this situation there are things that work and dont you just need to be patent and see which one is best for you and your child.

Post #67835
Posted 10/07/2012 8:22:55 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 10/07/2012 8:11:01 PM
During the early months of your baby's life, he sleeps when he is tired, it’s that simple. You can do little to force a new baby to sleep when he doesn’t want to sleep, and conversely, you can do little to wake him up when he is sleeping soundly.

Newborn babies have very tiny tummies. They grow rapidly, their diet is liquid, and it digests quickly. Although it would be nice to lay your little bundle down at bedtime and not hear from him until morning, this is not a realistic goal for a tiny baby. Newborns need to be fed every two to four hours — and sometimes more.

Sleeping “through the night”

You may believe that babies should start "sleeping through the night" soon after birth. For a new baby, a five-hour stretch is a full night. Many (but not all) babies can sleep uninterrupted from midnight to 5 a.m. (Not that they always do.) This may be a far cry from what you may have thought "sleeping through the night" meant!

What's more, some sleep-through-the-nighters will suddenly begin waking more frequently, and it’s often a full year or even two until your baby will settle into an all-night, every night sleep pattern.
Post #68162
Posted 12/07/2012 6:32:18 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 19/10/2012 1:20:17 PM
I had the exact same issue with my little one. I no longer have this issue. My little one doesn't like going into her bassinet during the day but she was ok to go in at night. I noticed that she liked being around people. So I bought a baby swing and placed it in the main living room and playing soft classical music helped her to sleep during the day. There is a dvd called 'safe, sound and sleep' which gives parents tips on how to settle a baby. Definitely worth watching, only goes for approx 5-10 minutes.
Post #68194
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 8:41pm

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.