Print Email

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

Transition from DoCS to NGOs - where can we... Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 1/03/2012 1:22:07 PM
I am foster mum to my greatniece (who is part Aboriginal) - this transition seems to be very airy fairy. I am having trouble finding anything detailed about this, which will affect us all. My caseworker at DoCS told me nothing until I asked the question, and then said 'oh it'll just take some time - by the way would you like to transition now?'. Clearly I do not until I have been informed properly. Anyone else have any concerns?

Have been trawling through news items and it appears that a) even tho it's supposed to be happening the minister will not say how many NGOs have signed up, and b) our carer's payments may be cut as the government is only allocating $37,000 per child.

Single foster mum

Post #66650
Posted 1/03/2012 4:23:31 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 29/10/2013 8:49:42 AM
And that my dear friends is the crux of the matter   NGOs cannot afford to pay carers a reasonable fee for looking after some of these kids and be able to run a reasonable service themselves If you are only willing to pay peanuts then you will only get monkeys and this will lead to disaster for our kids The responsible NGOS are still negotiating for a reasonable allowance but unfortunately some of the more hungry ,less scrupulous NGOs have already indicated they will accept the offer (but will have to reduce their level of services)Hardly a pleasing thought Ah!!!
Post #66654
Posted 1/03/2012 8:59:23 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 14/04/2014 10:25:47 AM
Hey, very scary.  Some of us are having to beg for basic support and assistance for our kids now and this angers me as I feel that these kids have been through enough and are under valued enough.  We have a child with some up coming medical needs and we are worried that the dept won't help out.  We however do fight for our 2 awesome kids and will not sit silent if there is something needing to be done, especially with medical needs. 

We have not been approached about transition at this point.  It does concern me, about all the changes and the swinging and swapping about.  One day this and the next that.  I can't keep up.  We are just trying to keep up with our caseworker as it changes so frequently these days.  We keep very busy and focussed on the children.

Zeeta 27 NSW

Post #66658
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 4:44am

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.