Print Email

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

3 yr old now refuses to use the toilet Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 22/02/2012 5:57:02 PM
my 3 yr old daughter was fully toilet trained and for 5 months we only had 1 accident. Lately, she refuses to use the toilet and has gone back to going in her undies. The lies and tells me she doesn't need to go, that 'daddy' didn't tell me to go, that she's clean when she clearly isn't. Nothing has changed with her daily routine so i'm at a loss about what to do. we've tried giving her 5c each time she goes without being told, ringing 'daddy' to tell him the good news, rewards charts and getting her a new piggy bank to put her toilet money in. Still no luck.

Any ideas?

Post #65684
Posted 11/02/2012 12:52:04 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 11/02/2012 5:13:30 PM
WOW... No replys... How r things going??? Have you considered she may have a UTI, or Valviginitis. Both conditions cause pain when toileting! If this has been ruled out attempt to place less focus on her going to the toliet and before you go out somewhere special eg to the beach or park make a statement like "COME ON WE ALL GOTTA GO TO THE LOO BEFORE WE GO! as you are running to the loo say "MUMMY FIRST', joke around and say its my turn... if she attempts to go to the toliet just make an excuse like you are getting beach towels etc in order to let her have privacy. All the best.
Post #66345
Posted 16/02/2012 5:02:28 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 22/02/2012 5:57:02 PM
Well we have a winner. After months of going backwards, we've taken many more steps forwards and are winning the battle of toilet training. I've relaxed, given up 'trying' to take her to the toilet, and basically let her decide when it's toilet time. we've had almost no accidents at all lately. Now to just get my hubby to chill out a bit as he's stil all worked up about 'what if she dirties herself'.
Post #66426
Posted 24/02/2012 12:34:42 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 2/09/2013 7:33:12 AM
We have had the same thing happen to our 3 year old in the last few months.  She just doesn't seem to get to the toilet in time.  We constantly nag her to go but I think she is just too busy to take the time out.  It's good to hear things are improving for you, I hope we are not far off too, I'm sick of washing 10 changes of clothes!
Post #66549
Posted 5/05/2012 3:52:44 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 6/05/2012 8:27:50 PM
i am having the same problem with my 3.5yr old daughter. she has been fully toilet trained for day time since she was 18months old still has a nappy for night but planning on that going soon. she has all of a suddon started having accidents all day long. she still takes herself to the toilet through out the day but she wets herself about 4-5times a day. i ask her why shes doing it and she tells me shes not or i dont know. if i notice she is wet and ask her if shes had an accident she says no. i have no idea what has caused this to happen she has no UTI and nothing has changed in the last few months. I dont know what to do!! i make sure not to tell her off and i say accidents happen but it is getting beyond a joke now any adivce on how u managed would be great
Post #67512
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 5:05am

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.