Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

suitable clothing for girls aged 7 years+ Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 28/12/2011 7:59:02 PM
Hi all I am a mother to two gorgeous girls who has become extremely frustrated at trying to find nice, appropriate clothing for my eldest daughter now that she has entered the dreaded 7 years+ range. Why is it that the major retailers feel that it is appropriate to dress our 7 and 8 year olds in the same clothing as 14 year olds? If you are like me and are sick of skimpy shorts, t-shirts with dreadful slogans and a lack of colours and pretty dresses for our girls then please join my cause by liking my page "My daughter is not a tween" on facebook.  My hope is that if we can get enough people to show their support then maybe just maybe the major retailers will offer a better range of choices for our girls. I am not a perfect mum and I am definitely not a fashion guru I am just trying to let my girls be girls a little longer and make it easier to find clothing that they are able to play in, is colourful and modest and most importantly makes them look like kids not extras in a music video. Thanks.
Post #65400
Posted 5/08/2012 12:17:34 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 4/12/2012 12:24:00 AM
They also make the shorts so wide in the waist from 7+, these girls don't have hips to hold them up yet!

Glad some others think that retailers have really missed the boat with this age bracket.

Not on Facebook sorry! 

Post #68805
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 3:00am

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.