Print Email

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

Gaps between what children learn at school... Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 5/09/2011 7:35:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Jonathan and I'm currently in the middle of putting together an organisation that will facilitate 4-day programs during the school holidays for students aged between 16 adn 20 yrs on gaps we've found are common among people heavily into their working life.

We plan to use the 4 days to workshop experiences that will help kids entering their working careers tackle issues such as conflict, leadership, teamwork, delivering presentations, strategy and influencing others.

The potential cost for a 4-day program that included all meals, accomodation, celebrity dinner guest, materials etc is around thr $600 mark and we would have a payment option of $50 per week over the 12 week school term leading up to the workshop to develop payment plan options.

I know I havent given too much away, but I am really really keen to hear from parents on this - would you be interesting in wanting to know more? Would this be something you would consider your child attending? Happy to hear all thoughts and as we develop materials and sites, I'll be more than happy to share thanks so much.

Post #61591
Posted 29/01/2012 10:08:58 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 3/06/2013 3:27:17 PM
Hi Jonathon, this sounds like a great idea. I've not heard of anything similar. Perhaps to help with the price you could offer scholarships, or seek sponsorship or funding. Personally I'd find $600 a real hit, but would be prepared to pay half that. I am sure the workshops are well worth the money though. If you get these up and running, feel free to contact me through www.thekidsareallright.com.au and we can run a story on it.
All the best, Rachel
Post #66072
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 5:33am

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.