Print Email

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

12»»

Newborn Sleep Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 5/11/2012 4:15:59 PM
I'm trying to get my baby to settle herself to sleep.  She is my second child and I simply don't have the time to sit and pat or rock her to sleep.  Anyone else been in this boat?  How did you get your baby to sleep?
Post #58674
Posted 30/06/2011 9:38:45 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 31/01/2013 2:32:11 AM

I am Lukiesmum..... Since Dylan's birth, i have always leave him on his own, i sometimes feel guilty about it, but i have 3 year old ryan to look after. After Dylan's feed, I put him in his cot and he stays silently with his teddy. This was really difficult moment for me. Luckily, Dylan is very calm and do not cry often. Now he is 5month, he self settles and sleeps by himself most of the time. When ryan is settled for the night early and Dylan is not asleep yet, then i hold and pat him to sleep.

I know how hard this moment is, ask me......... That explains why i have made myself rare in this forum. As soon as both boys are asleep, i put off the light and listen to the complete silence around me. This is what i enjoying most and this is what is keeping me "sane"

*****Han-Mum of  3years Ryan and 4month old Dylan*****

Post #58792
Posted 11/07/2011 4:02:05 PM

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 21/03/2012 11:32:14 AM
Perhaps you could wear your younger baby in a sling while he or she falls asleep, leaving your hands free to take care of your older child and do whatever else your evening requires. "Ring slings" are a style of sling particularly good for this as you can often carefully remove the sling with your baby asleep inside and transfer to the cot without waking.
Post #59156
Posted 30/07/2011 9:37:02 AM

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15/12/2011 9:20:06 AM
slings can be excellent when baby is small, but as they grow they get so heavy.. all that dead weight (when they're asleep) putting strain on your neck and shoulders is the last thing a tired mummy needs to contend with.
Post #60307
Posted 28/12/2011 3:08:47 PM

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 30/11/2013 10:53:16 AM
Be careful with slings. Newborns have died in them due to oxygen supply being cut off because their airway is restricted when their chin is pressed to their chest by their positioning in the sling. Also, suffocation can occur if they are smothered by mum's chest or the sling fabric - always make sure baby's face is visible! Remember: newborns don't have the neck strength to move their head properly if they can't breathe in a sling.
Post #65399
Posted 2/02/2012 8:46:09 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 2/02/2012 8:45:40 PM
Hi, I was having trouble getting my little one to sleep and I found this PDF document extremely helpful, http://www.thepdfportal.com/how_to_get_your_baby_to_sleep_through_the_night_1_6.pdf
I hope this helps some one
Post #66163
Posted 18/03/2012 8:32:53 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 19/03/2012 11:31:28 AM
Have you tried using a swing or something that will rock the baby to sleep? My aunt was a stay at home mom and she would place her children in mechanical swings that would rock my cousins to sleep. Of course they would cry at times, because that's what babies do, but they would eventually fall asleep. It worked perfectly during the day time when they needed naps but she was busy around the house or with her older kids.
Post #66906
Posted 22/03/2012 1:21:06 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 27/07/2012 9:15:31 AM
I am having trouble settling my son (9 weeks) during the day. Night is no problem, but during the day even if he's desperately tired, he won't self settle. I'm trying a new trick and it worked yesterday, not sure if it'll work for you.

I've been taking him into the bedroom and making it as dark as possible so there's less stimulation. I've been cuddling him and walking slowly in his room with a lullaby playing. Our baby monitor has lullabies built into it. He's then gone sleepy on me and I've put him down to go to sleep as normal.

The next step was to put him down to sleep directly in his bassinet with the lullaby playing. I had to let it play a second time before he finally dropped off, but it worked!

Good luck with your baby!
Post #66977
Posted 3/04/2012 11:50:41 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 3/04/2012 11:51:55 AM
You should used techniques by Nicole Pierotti, after a session with her you have all the techniques you need to help your baby sleep... She is fantastic and has been dubbed "the baby whisperer". She has just released a book called 'babycare'. www.babysmiles.com.au !!! Good luck mums
Post #67140
Posted 26/05/2012 4:28:57 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 26/05/2012 4:21:00 PM
You can visit backlevel.com here hope this site will supply some help for you.

pillow for back
Post #67717
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 11:21am

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.