Print Email

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

Puberty Expand / Collapse
Author

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 5/04/2011 1:54:12 PM
My 8 1/2 year old is now in stage 3 (out of the 5 stages) of puberty. I was shocked really as i think this is early but the doctor tells us its is happening more and more these days.

well it didnt happen to me i tell you!

I am lucky that me & my daughter can talk about these things but she is to young to understand everything and being in year 3 at school its going to be hard going when the monthlys come

anyone else going through this??

~You can learn many things from children.  How much patience you have, for instance~

Mum to 8 year old & a 1 year old.

Post #51153
Posted 10/03/2011 12:28:44 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 10/03/2011 9:16:21 PM
Hi,

My daughter is 9 and I'm not sure how to talk to her about these kinds of things as my mum never did with me. I would like to be able to talk to her about it but find it awkward... Any tips?

Cheers

Post #52132
Posted 17/03/2011 12:38:12 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 21/01/2014 11:54:46 AM
Usually you can get some good books from the school librarian that help.  There should be books available in the public library for parents about to have the "talk" and books for the children themselves.

I have seen this covered on "The Doctors" show.  They say an open and honest conversation early about the big S is better than later.  Bring up the topic and let your child lead with questions.  I personally covered the changes to her body topic seperate to the big "s" talk, although they are linked.

Mum to 3 girls, 8 & 11 yrs NT, and 6yrs ASD - the little whirlwind!

Post #52606
Posted 17/03/2011 10:13:32 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 11/05/2011 2:07:48 PM

Have you seen the article on tricky conversations on this site? http://raisingchildren.net.au/articles/tricky_conversations.html/context/1100

I found it very useful.

Post #52621
Posted 24/08/2011 9:15:54 PM

Forum Newbie

Last Login: 24/08/2011 9:17:15 PM
My daughter is 9 and going through the same thing. I have been open about puberty with her and I am finding it helps having open communication when something changes in her body and she wants to discuss it.

Like you I didn't go through the same thing at her age. I have friends that have daughters the same age and they are not experiencing the same thing at the moment. I would like to know if you are finding that your daughter is having mood swings? They are not all the time but I would like to know from another mum what you do to deal with them when they happen?

Post #61529
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 1:30pm

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.