Print Email

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

Face book adiction Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 25/03/2011 9:03:47 PM
How we can keep the young people away from face book?
As it is analyzed that every day 500 million people log on to face book.
Post #50510
Posted 25/03/2011 6:02:28 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 30/01/2013 3:36:24 PM
Why would you wanna do that? Facebook is one of the best creations of the century!!!
Post #53292
Posted 28/04/2011 7:44:02 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 28/04/2011 7:37:05 AM
@ Yummy Mummy : Well said!

Tamil Cinema News | | Tamil Movie Reviews | | Tamil Music Reviews
Post #55521
Posted 29/04/2011 6:32:19 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 1/05/2011 9:19:30 AM
Yes I understand exactly what you mean. I don`t think it is just facebook but all social networking, msn messenger etc. They all have a place and I find them to be useful in keeping in touch but I have also seen some really negative behaviour such as bullying and threats come through these mediums. I try to limit access to a half hour per session with no more than three sessions each day on the weekend. We offer alternate activities such as family board games, baking special treats and additional paid chores. We also have a considerable library that we try to get the young one to use.Of course young one does try to sneak extra time which has meant I take the connection cable after time has elapsed. It is very hard and ends up in arguments at times but the rule is the rule. Homework time is separate and is highly monitored to ensure homework is done and not a secondary window.

Good luck with limiting usage it is a hard road but I think well worth it
Post #55564
Posted 29/06/2011 8:00:04 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 29/06/2011 9:13:46 PM
In this techie era, keeping kids off the net is pointless. I think we should teach them how to be on the net with all the carefulness there has to be. Things like never disclosing their identities and being careful talking to strangers must be emphasized. After all, if you don't teach your child how to be on the net, you will have to deal with the least expected!
Post #58736
Posted 14/04/2012 7:49:46 PM

Forum Newbie

Last Login: 18/05/2012 9:10:36 PM
I think facebook is not a bad thing,it is a social network .
But addiction or excess is always bad ,but I don`t think it is just facebook but all social networking, messenger etc.. ....
I find them to be useful but I have also seen some really negative behavior ,
that's not acceptable. For the kids, I think we should to be teach them how to be on the net in the proper way.......

Islam Islamic Dajjal Messenger of Allah Hadis
Post #67273
Posted 22/04/2012 5:59:13 PM

Forum Newbie

Last Login: 29/04/2012 9:42:20 AM
Ahh the topic of facebook ...

A few years ago I would have been 100% positive about this , but now I am not .....

All of my family are overseas and interstate and it's only one of the main reasons why I still have it ...

In the last couple of years I have had bad things happen because of my inability to control things that happened on there, that I am kind of against it ..

Yes it's excellent to keep in touch with those whom you don't keep in touch with much, however to put personal things on there is just a bit much ..

My son asked me when he can get a facebook account , I said not till your 18 .. he is 10 ..
Post #67385
Posted 16/05/2012 11:27:38 PM

Forum Newbie

Last Login: 18/05/2012 9:10:36 PM
Face book we like it ,who is not?

Islam Islamic Dajjal Messenger of Allah Hadis
Post #67618
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 11:17am

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.