Print Email

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

12»»

Have you experienced a third degree tear? Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 30/01/2013 3:36:24 PM
Hello

Did you experience a third degree tear during your natural delivery? I would like to hear from you if you have had since had further children.

I had a third degree tear with my first child. I am now pregnant with my second. I have just returned home from a hospital appointment with the doctor and she asked me which path I would like to take, natural or caesarean. Obviously there are risks or potential complications with each one.

But the key word that is sticking in my mind with a natural birth and another third degree is.....incontinence.

So, if you had a third degree and since had more children, I'd like to hear about what choice you made and any consequences that you may have experienced.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Post #20953
Posted 8/12/2009 5:41:08 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 31/01/2013 2:32:11 AM
At 24yrs of age, i had ryan via a c-section. I was terrified as hell during the operation; as i was expecting a normal delivery but had to resort to a c-sec as an emergency.

I hope whatever option you deliver your baby through,turns out good and less painful for you.

Take care.

*****Han-Mum of  3years Ryan and 4month old Dylan*****

Post #20955
Posted 8/12/2009 5:48:01 PM
Supreme Being

Last Login: 20/12/2011 11:36:26 PM
I had a shocking delivery with my son (he was very stubborn) and ended up getting cut right round to my bottom to get him out.  Lots of stiches and 3 months of not being able to sit down it healed!!  I had another baby 2 years later and initally incont was a bit of a problem, so I just had to make sure my bladder was emptied frequently.  It did get better with time and since started riding my horse again I now have to remind myself to go.  It will improve.  Good luck!!

Carolyn

Mum to DS Aspie (5) and DD NT (3)

Post #20956
Posted 8/12/2009 7:39:23 PM

Supreme Being

Thanks for your stories ladies.

I wasn't incontinent after my first baby but there were some very close misses of wetting my pants in public but somehow managed to make it through. But it took me a very long time to gain stronger pelvic floor muscles.

Any type of incontinence is awful, but I'm terribly worried about the bowel part. Danabi that sounds like a terrible delivery and I feel for you. I had to have surgery to sew me up as well and because it was right to the anus they said there were concerns for incontinence from both ends. Not to mention, the discomfort of having sex for months and months on end.

I'm terrified at the thought of that being long term, but also I know there are so many pros and cons for both types of deliveries. I have plenty of time to mull it over but man it's a difficult decision.

Post #20959
Posted 19/01/2010 3:02:51 PM
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26/06/2011 4:29:02 PM
Hhi Yummy Mummy,

There are pros & cons with both.

I had a ceaser (not by choice, i had preeclampsia & he had to come out in a hurry) and in all honesty it was a dream.  I was far more active and mobile than my two friends that had natural deliveries with vaccuum extractions.

I only took panadol after day 2 and just went slow - it was nowhere near as bad as I thought.

I had no issues with healing at all.

Infact my ceaser was so good that I am fighting with myself over what to do next time - I feel like the ceaser was so easy that I might like to do it again, but also wouldn't mind giving a natural a whirl if given the chance!

I guess I will get to decide when the time comes.

Good luck with your decision - no matter what you decide make sure you are doing your pelvic floor exercises now!

BreeC

Post #22072
Posted 19/01/2010 9:38:55 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 23/08/2014 1:04:55 PM
This is an interesting booklet that gives you the pro's and con's of Vag v's Cesarean birth.
http://www.childbirthconnection.org/pdfs/cesareanbookletinsert.pdf
Post #22094
Posted 20/01/2010 8:55:06 PM

Supreme Being

Thanks ladies. I had a hospital appointment yesterday and have decided to opt for a caesar
or hmmmm
Post #22140
Posted 20/01/2010 11:37:58 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

I'm having a c-section to. As I've had 2 previously I thought this was the safer option. I'm having mine on 7th April. Only 11 weeks to go. YAY!!!! I cann't wait.
Post #22145
Posted 21/01/2010 9:47:54 AM

Supreme Being

oooh we're close. I'm having mine on either 5 or 8 April! Unless I have cholestasis again in which case it will be two weeks prior to that.

How are you feeling about it? I'm trying not to think about the whole process too much. No going in blind, but why think about the procedure unless I really have to!
Post #22161
Posted 21/01/2010 12:28:49 PM

Forum Guru

Yeah, I'm not thinking about the c-section yet. But I cann't wait, so uncomfortable at the moment and it's only going to get worse lol. I just want my beautiful girl in my arms.
Post #22169
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 4:14pm

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.