Print Email

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )
Forums Guide Disclaimer

Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by respecting the Terms of Use and by reporting any misuse to the moderator.

Desperately seeking teenage mums in WA Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 16/08/2011 11:16:00 AM
Recently my 15 year old participated in the virtual baby program as part of her childcare studies. She brought home one of those dolls that look - and sound!!!! - like a real baby. She only had the "baby" for 24 hours and needed to take it with her everywhere, even when we went shopping after school. I couldn't believe the number of people who looked at her like she was scum, or even worse, called her scum (and worse!). I knew teenage mothers generally had it bad, I just didn't realise how bad it can be.

I am now seeking participants in a study on teenage mothers in WA and their experiences of parenting. Participants need to have been a teenager when their first baby was born (though not necessarily be a teenager now), and would be sent a short survey with a reply paid envelope. Completing the survey would take about 15 minutes. If you are interested in participating in this research (or know someone who might be), please contact Bronwyn Harman, email b.harman@ecu.edu.au, by 29th May 2009. This research has been approved by ECU’s Human Research Ethics Committee.

Post #14401
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT +10:00, Time now is 3:12am

Important! The content of these forums is not quality-assured by the Raising Children Network. Please help us maintain the quality of these forums by reporting any misuse to the administrator.