This delicious banana bread has the goodness of yoghurt and wholemeal flour and keeps for several days.
Makes one loaf
115 gm butter, softened
60 gm brown sugar
3 medium ripe bananas
200 gm vanilla yoghurt
250 gm wholemeal self-raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line an 11 cm x 21 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Using an electric beater, cream the butter or honey until light. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the yoghurt. Fold through egg mixture. Fold flour and mixed spice into mixture.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Tip: keep your bread in an airtight container, and it should stay fresh for 3-4 days.
Kids love this banana bread for breakfast, toasted and topped with a scrape of their favourite spread.