The Fragile X Association of Australia is a non-profit organisation that provides support to families living with Fragile X.
The Fragile X Association of Australia helps people with Fragile X syndrome reach their full potential and supports people whose lives are affected by Fragile X. The Association gives direct support to people with Fragile X syndrome through
diagnosis and assessment, counselling and a range of therapies. And it works to detect, treat and prevent Fragile X syndrome in Australia.
The Association also promotes acceptance and integration of people with
Fragile X into the community and raises public awareness of Fragile X
syndrome. It supports interventions
and research, educates the public and lobbies and advises government.
As part of its work, the Association:
- offers telephone support and information – phone 1300 394 636
- offers counselling for people with Fragile X and also for their carers – phone 1300 394 636
- produces quarterly newsletters, booklets and articles and runs a lending library
- runs conferences, seminars, events and social gatherings
- organises specialist and therapeutic services through Fragile X clinics around Australia.
You can learn more by visiting the Fragile X Association of Australia website.