Dr Gavidia-Payne's research interests include development in young children with and without disabilities; problem behaviour; stress, coping and support in families or children with and without disabilities.
Her current research projects include:
- an evaluation of supports for families of children with disabilities in rural Victoria
- the development and evaluation of early childhood intervention programs for young children with disabilities and their families, and assesment and monitoring of outcomes
- evaluation of strength-based child portfolios
- parenting, psychological adaptation and acculturation in Spanish-speaking families
- family predictors of social competencies in preschoolers with developmental disabilities and delays.