Christine Johnston is the convenor of special education programs within the School of Education, University of Western Sydney. She teaches primarily in the areas of early childhood intervention and evidence-based practice.
Her research interests and recent work centre around:
- parental and staff perceptions of preschool inclusion
- efficacy of early childhood intervention
- development of self-concept in children with a disability
- parental education
- development of independence in children with severe vision impairment
- self-management and children with type 1 diabetes.